Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Radio New Zealand International B11 sked

One of our "sure bet" DRM broadcasters here out West just published their B11 schedule. I really enjoy listening to them in the evening. RNZI is Mostly talk and news, but we often get a taste of NZ Rock and great Pacific Islands music. I still hope for an interview with their "frequency man" Adrian Sainsbury soon! (UPDATED: 20111020 new video at bottom of post)






I shot this video of the DReaM display & statistics of their broadcast last night as an example. They really do a bang-up job most evenings and this video example is no exception. 17675 kHz has been staying stable quite late and I can often listen trouble-free until the switch over to the 11675 kHz spot. I've added the audio from the Mailbox program from last night (I did not record the audio live since the mic on the video recorder is so poor). I often encounter 30 dB SNR from them using my R-7 Vertical and the Pappradio.


Same conditions but the next evening showing RNZI with nice and tight constellation and 26+ dB SNR. Great listening!